For some people exercise may not be enough to achieve toned arms. To achieve such arms an arm lift with or without liposuction may be necessary. Thus, this procedure can help you to create a sculpted upper arm that will complement your figure. However, the latest arm lift surgery is much safer and the scars included are much less visible than before. The arm lift procedure involves reshaping the upper arm and tightening the loose skin and ultimately remove the fat that creates a “bat wing” like structure under the arm. Thus removing the excess skin caused by weight loss or aging can tighten the loose skin that extends from the underarm up to the elbow.
Benefits of Arm Lift
The arm lift will help the candidates to achieve a firmer, tighter arm that will bring much a pleasant appearance and fit better into their clothes. This will also lead to increased confidence and self-esteem. You won’t feel conscious about the sagging skin at the upper arm while wearing your favourite sleeveless dress.
- At first, the candidates are administered with either intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. Typically this decision is taken by the surgeon and his decision is considered as a good choice
- Next, the incisions are made in a defined length and pattern depending on the amount and location of the excess skin to be removed. In such surgeries, the surgeon’s opinion and his judgments are considered the best
- Typically, the incisions are made on the inner side of the arm or at the back of the arm. The incisions start right from the underarm and end just above the elbow. The excess fat may be directly excised or treated with liposuction
- The incisions are made in such a way, that the incisions are made more restrictive so that the underlying supportive tissues are tightened and reshaped with the internal sutures and the arm starts looking firmer. This also helps in obtaining a smooth even contoured skin
- Finally, at the end of the procedure, the incisions re-closed with absorb-able sutures that can be removed within one or two weeks after following the arm lift surgery. Some part of the result will be visible immediately after the surgery although there will be some amount of swelling and bruising which will disappear gradually
- Some swelling, bruising and discomfort will definitely persist the procedure but whatever the condition may be the arms should appear toned, almost immediately after the procedure. The surgeon may prescribe medication for pain to alleviate the pain
- The swelling and discomfort will persist for the first two to three days and then it will gradually start vanishing within two weeks. The surgeon will probably instruct you to elevate your arms with pillows so that it may reduce the swelling and the patient feels comfortable
- Dressing and bandages will be typically be applied on the incisions. The surgeons now prefer stitching up with dissolvable stitches that do not need to be removed and the stitches diminish within a week. The surgeon provides the patients with a compression garment that must be worn to provide support to the skin
- The surgeon also instructs, to resume work within two to three weeks after undergoing the procedure. Strenuous activities should be resumed after a month or two.
Yes, the arm lift procedure includes some complications, though the complications are rare. Like any other surgical procedure, arm lift includes some complications similarly the surgery may also include adverse reaction to anesthesia, hematoma or seroma, infection, bleeding, changes in sensation of the skin, scarring, etc. However, most of these are temporary issues and will get resolved with time.
Procedure surgeon in Mumbai
If anyone wants the right surgeon in Thane, Mumbai then Dr. Sameer Karkhanis’ CCRS is the right one. CCRS is one of the best multi-specialty hospitals that aims to provide their patients with their best services at the most affordable prices. The staff, technicians, and nurses are well-trained and are updated with the latest techniques. Why y not be? Dr. Sameer Karkhahnis is one of the best cosmetic and reconstructive surgeons in India and after consulting with your procedure, the candidate should feel comfortable and positive. So getting an arm lift done from CCRS under his supervision is probably the best idea.
Preparation on the day, during and after the arm lift surgery
After consultation with the surgeon and getting to know the exact goal to be achieved, typically the surgeons provides the candidates with a list of post-operative instructions that must be followed in the leading days. The instructions usually include quitting smoking as that might affect the recovery. The surgeon may also ask to stop certain medications such as aspirin, non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory medications, vitamins which may increase the risk of bleeding.
Immediately before beginning with the procedure the candidate is administered with general or local anesthesia the to ensure that the patient does not experience any pain or discomfort. Then at the end of the procedure, the incisions are sutured up bandaged and sent home the next day, depending on their condition.
- Where will the incisions be placed for the procedure?
The incisions generally extend from the axilla or underarm up to the elbow on the underside of the upper arm. Sometimes smaller incisions may also be used.
- How long will the result last?
The results are mostly permanent but if the candidate gains or loses weight again then some changes might be seen. However, the results may change with age.
- Is the arm lift surgery painful?
Most of the patients report that since the surgery is performed under local or general anesthesia the candidates do not usually experience pain or discomfort during the procedure. But after the completion of the procedure, when the anesthesia wears off, the patients feel some pain which is resolved with medication that is provided by the surgeon.
- Does it include scarring?
In standard arm lift the scar is usually a straight line from the armpit to the elbow on the inner side of the arm. They may be visible if short sleeves are worn. Whereas in the short scar arm lift, the scar is usually a curved line and is hidden in the armpit.