Your lips frame your smile, are used to kiss the ones you love, and are the key to whistling your favourite tunes. There are many reasons why a person would want to undergo lip enhancement.
Lip augmentation has become popular due to the impressive cosmetic results possible through this relatively simple procedure. Fat injection, in the hands of an experienced surgeon, shows the best and longest lasting results.
Lip reduction is a surgical procedure done in patients with full lips, who desire slender and thin lips instead of an excessive pout. This includes:
- Achieving a more sensuous look
- Providing more balance to facial features
- Restoring lost volume and shape
- Increasing self-confidence in their appearance
- Fat from one’s own body (autologous fat transfer) is aspirated by liposuction, purified, & used as a filler to augment the lips.
- Temporary fillers like Restylane, Juvederm, Esthelis are very popular due to less downtime. A touch-up treatment, performed a few weeks after the initial treatment, is recommended to achieve better results.
Post Op Recovery
- Fat: Following an AFT the swelling lasts for 7 – 10 days post op. Overcorrection that is done to compensate for the resorption of fat, results in a swollen up look which subsides in a week or two.
- Fillers: While infrequent, potential side effects associated are redness, bruising, swelling, tenderness and moderate pain. Side effects typically dissapear within a few days.
Your New Look
With fat,a majority of patients notice 20 – 50% of their lip fullness disappearing within 3 – 4 months after the procedure due to resorption of fat. The results subsequently are permanent. Fillers are temporary, they remain effective for 6 – 9 months. A top up is required every 6 – 9 months.