Cost of Tummy Tuck
Tummy Tuck is also known as Abdominoplasty, which is generally performed as an elective surgery for patients who desire a flat stomach. The surgeons in this procedure eliminate the excess skin, fat and tighten the abdominal muscles in the abdominal wall. This helps people to achieve a flat midsection. The most common reasons for developing a loose or sagging abdominal skin may include aging, genetics, previous surgeries, remarkable weight fluctuation, etc.
Anyone considering a Tummy Tuck to achieve a flat and firm abdominal area should also consider the cost of the procedure as their primary concern. For most of the patients, cosmetic procedures like Tummy Tuck is not covered by insurance. There are many factors that drive the total cost of the procedure. So it is vital to know about all the factors that impact the total cost.
Factors that impact Tummy Tuck cost
- Individual requirement- A patient’s unique realistic needs are the primary reason that drives the cost of a tummy tuck. Some patients require a small operation to achieve the desired goal whereas others may require a larger, complex surgery to achieve the target. For larger surgeries, the required time and labour is more which can affect the rates. Another important part is the severity of the condition, that is the amount of excess fat, loose skin, and muscles, that need to be removed. In addition to this, the health conditions of the patients, the requirement of any other complementary procedures such as liposuction or breast enhancement which may sometimes be required to enhance the goals. So, this additional procedure will add to the cost.
- The type of tummy Tuck procedure undergone- There are four types of Tummy Tuck procedures available. They are- full tummy tuck, limited tummy tuck, extended tummy tuck and mini tummy tuck. The cost of the procedure depends on the extensive and severity of the tummy tuck procedure. The greater the degree of improvement more will be the cost.
- The experience and expertise of the Plastic Surgeon- There are plastic surgeons of various categories, some are experienced, some are board certified, some are adept in surgical procedures again some are a jack of all trades. Mostly the rate of the surgery may vary depending on the skill and expertise of the surgeons. It is approximately estimated that the most reputed and expert surgeons charge more than the less skilled and experienced counterparts. So, it is advised to choose the best surgeon to achieve the best results because choosing an under experienced one, may save some money, but the results may be devastating.
- The technologies and techniques utilized- An experienced and well adept surgeon is always updated with the latest technologies and treatment procedures to achieve the best outcome. Not just this, the implementation of the advanced techniques and technologies on the patients will also bring a significant improvement in the results that in turn improves the patient satisfaction with their surgery.
- Geographic location- The geographic location also plays a major role in the pricing of any cosmetic procedure. The cost of living is proportional to the increase or decrease of the plastic surgery cost. If the area the patient lives is expensive, then the bill may also be also increased. Maybe this is the reason that patients from abroad opt for cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries in other places to save some money.
- Anaesthesia- Anaesthesia fees epitomise another major component in a plastic surgery bill. Major surgical procedures like tummy tuck are typically performed under general anaesthesia or twilight sleep. The type of anaesthesia that will be used during the surgical procedure are discussed during the consultation.
- Other associated costs- There are various factors which impact the cost of the surgical cosmetic procedure. They are:
- Operating room fees
- Fees for other facilities
- Aftercare and the prescriptions
- Lab tests
- Recovery garment
The approximate price of a Tummy Tuck for the surgeons in Mumbai
To conclude, the final cost of a Tummy Tuck surgery, a scheduled consultation with a surgeon is very necessary. Only they can determine the exact price after assessing the needs and goals of the patients.
There are uncountable cosmetic and reconstructive surgeons in Mumbai, but people tend to choose a surgeon who is experienced and is a master in all cosmetic and surgical methods. Dr Sameer Karkhanis is one such surgeon who is highly reputed, board-certified plastic surgeons in India, who is focused on delivering his best services to his patients. So, cherry picking Dr Sameer Karkhanis and his centre CCRS which is fully equipped with the latest technologies is probably the best decision. The centre aims at giving their best services to his patients at affordable prices in comparison to other fancy hospitals.
- What is the approximate cost of tummy tuck surgery?
The approximate cost of tummy tuck surgery ranges from $3500 to $7500, though the other factors may alter the results.
- Is tummy tuck covered by insurance?
No, in most cases, tummy tuck and other cosmetic procedures are not covered by insurance.
- Is Tummy Tuck surgery performed on an outpatient procedure?
Tummy Tuck surgery may sometimes require an overnight hospital stay, depending on individual circumstances and the health condition of the patients.
- When can the patients return to work after the surgery?
A traditional Tummy tuck takes some time to heal completely. The candidate is advised to wear a compression garment to support the skin and speed up the healing. The patients may be able to return to work after 2 weeks after following the surgery. Though, recovery speed may be different from person to person.
- What are the risks associated with Tummy Tuck?
The potential risks of the procedure include the formation of the blood clot, infection, bleeding or hematoma and seroma under the skin. Other risks may include poor healing of the incisions, that may result in the formation of inconspicuous scarring or skin loss. Smokers may find even wider scars. A second revision surgery may also be required to improve the contour the abdomen.
Your New Look
Improvement will become even more apparent after about 4 to 6 weeks when most of the swelling has subsided and after about 3 months, the final contour will be visible. If your expectations are realistic, you will probably be very pleased with the results of your surgery. You may find you are more comfortable in a wide variety of clothes and more at ease with your body.