Face Neck Liposuction
Excess fat on the face and neck can make anyone feel older and unattractive. But we all have tackled this problem at least once in our life when we have seen the excessive fat developing. This excessive fat on the face and neck develops due to various reasons such as congenital factors and natural aging. The fat does not respond to diet and exercises, so to address this issue a mild liposuction is considered as the perfect solution.
Candidates who are interested in undergoing a face and neck liposuction must be close to the ideal body weight because any rapid alteration in weight may impact the final appearance. Also, the candidates must have good skin elasticity and muscle tone for optimum results.
The Benefit of Face Neck Liposuction:
The most successful and safest way to remove the fat from face and neck is by performing tumescent liposuction since it leads to natural appearing results in comparison to a facelift. Not only this, it involves low risks, scars and decreased downtime as compared to other surgeries. If you pair liposuction with other procedures like laser resurfacing or a chemical peel then the results obtained will be amazing. A glowing, youthful, wrinkle-free skin will be visible.
- Face and neck liposuction can be performed in less than an hour. Light sedation is used with a local anesthesia, however, general anesthesia may also be warranted. This decision should be taken both by the patient and the surgeon after thediscussion
- The liposuction performed on the face and neck is similar to other areas of the body. The main difference being, the amount of fat that is removed. Not more than few ounces of fat are removed from the face whereas liposuction on any other part of the body may include a huge amount of fat removal
- The precise surgical plans depend on the facial areas that are being treated with liposuction. To address the fat present at the chin the surgeon usually makes a two-four centimeter incision beneath the chin or between the gums. Through these incisions, a thin tube called a cannula is moved back and forth to separate the fat. The fat is then vacuumed out from the body
- However, the liposuction techniques may vary. Liposuction options include ultrasound assisted liposuction, laser assisted liposuction or water assisted liposuction. After the completion of the procedure, the surgeon will close the incisions. The results will be visible immediately
Face and neck Liposuction Recovery
Since the face and neck liposuction is performed under the same surgery so the recovery time required is also the same. The candidates usually do not experience problems with this procedure. Only some mild pain and discomfort may persist that will gradually diminish with the prescribed medications. Wearing a specially designed compression garment for several weeks can help to reduce the swelling. The patients can return to normal activities within five days (sooner or later) if the treated area can be covered up with turtleneck garment. However, the surgeon’s postoperative instructions must be followed carefully to achieve the best results and avoid any complications.
Procedure surgeon in Mumbai
Face and neck liposuction is such a procedure which makes it difficult to trust any surgeon because a little clumsiness or a slight mistake can result in an unwanted outcome. If you are really worried about it then here is your solution. Dr Sameer Karkahnis is one such cosmetic and reconstructive surgeon, who you can completely trust. He is an internationally renowned cosmetic surgeon who has industry experience for over ten years and also owns a clinic, CCRS. CCRS or Centre for Cosmetic and Reconstructive surgery is not just a clinic rather a super specialty hospital that implements the latest technologies. The staff, technicians in CCRS are trained to be polite and caring so that the patient is free to discuss their troubles. Dr. Sameer is really hospitable with his patients and leaves no stone unturned to give his best services to his patients.
Preparations before, during and after the liposuction of face and neck:
Before beginning with the procedure the candidates are asked to find out if they are suitable for the procedure or not. Candidates with health or skin issues must consult with their surgeon before undergoing the procedure. The surgeon must evaluate and mark the areas with a marker from where the fat must be removed. Then a local or general anesthesia is administered before undergoing the procedure. The incisions are made in areas so that they are not visible.
After completion of liposuction, the incisions are sutured and then bandaged however some pain and swelling is usually experienced. Some candidates can resume normal activities after 24 hours whereas others may require three to four days.
1. Approximate cost of the face and neck liposuction?
The face and neck liposuction cost varies based on different factors like the area to be treated, the surgeon, liposuction technique, location of the clinic, etc.
2. Does it include scarring?
No, the incisions are made in such a manner they won’t be visible directly. The scars from the stitches will fade away gradually but in case of any complication caused, there may be a permanent scarring that won’t fade away.
3. What is expected after the liposuction procedure?
The final results may take few months to settle down. Unless the swelling and bruising disappear the results will not be clear enough. The candidates will be provided with medications for pain, antibiotics and a compression garment too. This will help them to recover fast and safe. Normal activities can be resumed within few days and vigorous activities can be resumed within a month. Makeup can be resumed within few weeks or as your surgeon instructs.
4. What are the complications and risks related to Liposuction surgery?
It is true that Liposuction involves the least side effects or complications but still, just like other surgical procedure it does include some minor complications most of them are temporary. Common complications include swelling, pain, bleeding, infection, hematoma, seroma which will settle down with time. Rare complications include skin ulcerations, nerve injury which may or may not is permanent.
Your New Look
Improvement will become even more apparent after about 4 to 6 weeks when most of the swelling has subsided and after about 3 months, the final contour will be visible. If your expectations are realistic, you will probably be very pleased with the results of your surgery. You may find you are more comfortable in a wide variety of clothes and more at ease with your body.