A face is the most distinguishable feature of the entire body. But with growing age, the fine lines, wrinkles, age spots and other signs of aging start appearing on the face. Some additional factors like age, sun exposure, smoking and other influences may also contribute to the appearance. There are many people, who accept such changes and keep moving on in life, but there are people, who wish for a facial rejuvenation cosmetic procedure to get rid of such issues. Facial rejuvenation offers several treatment techniques, that restore the youthfulness of the skin. There are various surgical and non-surgical facial rejuvenating procedures like facelift, dermabrasion, chemical peel, laser therapy and other treatment options, that are available for the people.
- It is true, that face rejuvenation techniques cannot stop aging, but it can definitely take years off by reducing the signs of aging, wrinkles and other spots from the skin.
- Some of the cosmetic procedures under facial rejuvenation are painless and include zero downtime.
- Combining different procedures may give a dramatic result, with a tight, even-toned skin. So that will bring a more youthful and rejuvenating appearance.
Face Rejuvenation options
- Facelift- A facelift is a surgical procedure, that involves the removal of the excess skin and fat from the face. The remaining skin is sutured within the hairline or behind the ears in such a way that the incisions are not visible. At the end of the procedure, the skin is then re-draped, which results in a tighter and smoother appearing skin with no signs of aging. The downtime is minimal, but the post-op instructions must be followed. The results are long-lasting (lasts for 5 to 10 years), but aging and excessive exposing the skin to the sun will affect the result.
- Dermabrasion- It is another surgical procedure that scrapes off the top layer of the skin with a rotating instrument. It can treat conditions like fine lines, sun damage, acne scars, uneven texture, etc. After the following dermabrasion, the skin typically shows up as pink and swollen and feels like it is burning and tingling. On an average, it takes about three months for the skin to heal completely.
- Microdermabrasion- This can effectively remove or diminish the age spots and light acne scars. The procedure is popular as “lunchtime” wrinkle treatment since it can be performed quickly at a dermatologist’s office. A Microdermabrasion is performed with a handheld instrument, that sprays tiny crystals on the surface of the skin. These crystals then gently exfoliate the upper layer of the skin and on the application of a light suction, then the dead skin cells from the skin are removed. This is a minimally invasive procedure and helps to get rid of the wrinkles and undesired pigmentation.
- Chemical peels- A chemical peel is a skin care technique, that uses the application of a chemical solution on the facial skin. A chemical peel also helps to remove the top layer of the skin and reduces the effects of sun damage, uneven pigmentation, and wrinkles. Chemical peels are available in various strengths, with peeling properties such as light peels, medium, and strong peels.
- Laser skin resurfacing- Laser skin resurfacing helps to remove the outer layer of the skin, that are damaged or pigmented unevenly. The laser treatment stimulates the production of collagen and new skin cells in the underlying layers of skin. The final result of the procedure gives a fresh, smooth, even-toned skin.
- Photo Rejuvenation- Photo Rejuvenation is designed to reduce the redness of the skin and the severity of the wrinkles. The results are an even-toned skin, that looks and feels fresh.
- Botox injections- Botox is a toxin named botulinum, that is injected under the skin to prevent the contraction of the muscles. by reducing the contraction of the muscles, the visible wrinkles will also be reduced. The results last up to four months.
- Collagen injections- They are derived from purified bovine collagen, that is injected into targeted areas, where the collagen needs to be restored in the skin for not more than three to six months.
- Fat injections- The fat content is normally extracted from the patient’s body, processed and finally injected under the patient’s skin to plump up the skin. This results in tighter appearing skin, but the results may only last for three to five months.
Serious complications are rare from facial rejuvenation procedures. Though there are some specific risk for the facial rejuvenation like-
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia
- Hematoma or seroma
- Bleeding and infection at the incision sites
- Changes in sensation of the skin
- Undesirable scarring
- Allergic reaction to some medications
- Nerve or tissue damage
- Fat necrosis or reabsorption of fats
- However, such risks can be minimized by following the surgeon’s instructions.
The candidates undergoing such procedures should keep a realistic expectation from the procedure because facial rejuvenation is not responsible for stopping aging. But it can give the candidates an appearance, that they look much younger, than their real age.
Procedure surgeon in Mumbai
There are so many facial rejuvenation options, that are available today with so many different areas to focus. In fact, a combination treatment plan will probably be the best way to achieve the facial rejuvenation goals. But to achieve this, it is important to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon, a dermatologist with whom candidates can discuss their condition, goals and can receive a customized strategy. Now choosing such surgeon may be really daunting. But choosing Dr. Sameer Karkhanis and his center CCRS in Mumbai can benefit people in different ways –
- He is one of the reputed and board certified cosmetic surgeons in India, so people can assuredly get the best treatment from him
- CCRS is a multi-specialty hospital in Mumbai
- The staffs and nurses are well trained and provide support and encouragement to his patients
- Karkhainis always implements the latest technologies for his patients, that produce the most desired results.
- Other hospital facilities are also available for in-town patients, out of the town patients and international patients too.
Preparation before the facial rejuvenation procedure
- Before the treatment, the surgeon will provide the patients with pre-treatment instructions and would require a detailed analysis of their medical history. The candidates may also be provided with some creams, lotions and some oral medications for few weeks before the procedure.
- Prior to the procedure, the surgeon may ask the patients to stop smoking at least six weeks, to promote faster healing.
- Taking aspirin, certain anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal medicines are also restricted as they cause increased bleeding.
- On the day of the surgery, the candidates are administered with required anesthesia depending on specific procedure to be undergone.
- Immediately after undergoing the facial rejuvenation procedures, the treatments will depend on the type of procedure undergone. For resurfaced skin, the skin may be covered with petroleum jelly or another protective ointment. For facelift patients, the face will appear swollen and bruised and it would take almost a week to bring the total improvements.
- For complete safe recovery, it is very crucial to follow the instructions, that are provided by the surgeon.
For the complete recovery of the procedure women undergoing a Hymenoplasty requires good healing. Approximately, in three to four weeks the incisions heal and after this women may have intercourse. The restored hymen, just like the original hymen gets torn and will bleed like a virgin hymen. A minimum of two weeks is a must to heal the repaired hymen.
- How long does it take for the non-surgical results to be visible?
The Botox fillers take about three to four days to work, but the results with fillers are visible almost immediately.
- Can makeup be applied after undergoing any face rejuvenation procedures?
For applying makeup it is best to follow the surgeon’s suggestion o after analyzing the post-procedure condition.
- When can the candidates return back to work?
For surgical methods, the candidates may be able to go out with proper protection and for non-surgical treatments, there is almost no downtime involved and patients immediately resume their work.
Your New Look
Improvement will become even more apparent after about 4 to 6 weeks when most of the swelling has subsided and after about 3 months, the final contour will be visible. If your expectations are realistic, you will probably be very pleased with the results of your surgery. You may find you are more comfortable in a wide variety of clothes and more at ease with your body.