Eliminating certain fat pockets from areas like abdomen, flanks, thighs and other areas of the body may sometimes seem tough. When diet and exercises also fail to remove this undesired excess fat from the body most people turn to Liposuction. It is the most popular plastic surgery techniques for more than three decades.
Liposuction not only helps to remove the excess fat deposits but also involves body sculpting and improving the shape and contour of the body. People who normally undergoes liposuction have a stable weight but want to remove the undesirable fat pockets in specific parts of the body. Therefore liposuction must not be confused with any of the weight loss procedures and it is clearly not a treatment for obesity. This procedure is chosen by most of the people since it is the safest cosmetic procedure that helps to remove the isolated fat deposits through precise targeting.
Benefits of Liposuction in Mumbai
Liposuction is considered as one of the safest procedure that can address the unaddressed fat that does not respond to exercise or diet. It is the least invasive procedure that includes minimum recovery and downtime. Moreover, liposuction is also used for body contouring that will help you to achieve a youthful appearance.
Treatable areas of the Body
As we already know that Liposuction is not intended as a weight loss treatment rather it is an effective and beneficial thing that can change the overall body contour. However, Liposuction can show its effective results on certain areas of the body like abdomen, flanks, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms, breasts face, neck, chin ankle, etc. Liposuction portraits its best results on candidates who have a good skin tone and elasticity, where the skin moulds itself into new contours. Whereas people with minimal skin elasticity may end up with loose sagging skin. It is imperative that the patients are in good health with no such medical complications.
In the Tumescent Liposuction technique, large amounts of liquid solution are injected into the area of treatment. This liquid makes the fat deposits easier to loosen up and is extracted out of the body. The fluid helps in minimizing the trauma to the surrounding tissues and helps to reduce the swelling and post-operative swelling.
A recent method which is an ultrasound assisted liposuction that uses sound waves to liquefy the fat after the injection of the fluids. In UAL the trauma, bruising and blood loss may be particularly useful at the fibrous areas of the body. However, in either of the procedures, the surgeon may require one or two hours to complete the procedure.
The Liposuction of the arms is normally carried out on an outpatient basis since it is performed under local anesthesia with light sedation. But if the surgeon estimates that the procedure would require a long time then general anesthesia may also be recommended. Due to the local sedation administered in the treated area, the candidates do not experience any pain or discomfort.
Liposuction Technique Options
Liposuction can be performed by following various techniques that are available today. The basic difference between each type of liposuction is the technology used to assist the fat removal process. However, to perform a completely safe procedure it is very important to get in touch with a surgeon who is experienced and adept in these techniques. So following are the types of Liposuction that are available:
- Tumescent Liposuction- It is also popular as traditional liposuction that includes injecting an anaesthetic solution into the treatment area that reduces the swelling, bleeding and discomfort during the procedure. This medicinal solution also constricts the blood vessels so no nerve or blood vessels are harmed during the procedure. Some incisions are made on the treated area through which the cannula (a narrow tube-like structure) is inserted and moved in a back and forth controlled motion that loosens the fat and then it is sucked out from the body with the help of vacuum suction.
- Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction or UAL- This procedure utilises ultrasound energy that helps to break the fatty tissues and loosen it from the layers of fat. This energy allows easier fat removal since a large amount of fat can be removed at once. The UAL is also a safe procedure and least invasive. VASER liposuction is one the most common type of UAL that is currently in use.
- Laser Assisted Liposuction- Laser Liposuction is one of the biggest boons of the advancement of technology that makes liposuction easier. However, the procedure may be a bit costly in comparison to other liposuction techniques. But in spite of it being costly, most of the patients feel that this procedure is worth the extra cost since it typically includes the least discomfort, fastest recovery and the best results with a tightened skin and youthful appearance. The common Laser liposuction options that are recently available are CoolLipo, SlimLipo, etc.
- Power Assisted Liposuction- This is a technique that uses a vacuum-like device that helps to remove the fat. The procedure includes the use of a cannula that has a vibrating tip that is responsible for breaking down the fat cells that make the removal procedure easier. Power Assisted Liposuction also includes the making of small incisions that in turn makes the least recovery time. However, patients with weak skin may end up with a sagging skin.
Though liposuction can precisely target fat cells in the body liposuction is not a treatment for obesity. This is why people undergoing Liposuction mostly have ideal weight or are near the ideal weight. Liposuction does not remove cellulite, dimples or stretch marks but will definitely remove the fat cells permanently. However, if the patient does not maintain a healthy lifestyle after the procedure there are chances that the fat cells of other areas would grow bigger. In this cosmetic procedure, the amount of fat to be removed is limited and also includes a number of possible risks that may include infection, numbness, scarring, etc.
Procedure surgeon in Mumbai
Are you trying to find the best place in Mumbai from where you can opt Liposuction procedures? The answer is CCRS. they perform the best liposuction in town. Dr Sameer Karkhanis is one of the renowned surgeons who have experience for over 10 years. At CCRS you are able to achieve the best results that too without involving any potential risks or complications. So finding one of the best clinics in Navi Mumbai /Thane might be daunting and it can be really challenging but once you get to know Dr. Sameer Karkhanis’ Centre for Cosmetic and Reconstructive surgery you will actually understand that Liposuction is one of the most affordable procedures.
Preparation before the procedure, during the procedure and after the procedure
- Before beginning with the procedure, the patient is made to undergo some health tests to ensure that the candidate is fit for the surgery. Candidates with near to ideal weight and who do not have any complicated medical issues are considered for the Liposuction procedure. The surgeons may ask to stop certain medications like aspirin, anti-inflammatory pills, and contraceptive pills. Anaemic patients may be asked to take iron supplements to avoid complications. A consent form may also be signed that confirms that the patent is totally aware of all the side effects and risks of the procedure.
- Before the Liposuction procedure, the areas to be treated are marked with a marker. Then suitable anaesthesia is being administered to the patient so that they do not face any difficulty, pain or discomfort while ongoing the procedure. Incisions are made in the area of treatment through which the entire procedure is executed.
- At the end of the procedure, the incisions may or may not be sutured up, to facilitate the drainage of the injected anaesthetic fluid. However, surgeons generally recommend a set of post-op instructions that must be followed minutely to avoid any sort of complications. Patients administered with local anaesthesia can go back to their home on the same day whereas patients with general anaesthesia must spend a night at the hospital. The surgeons also provide a compression garment, some antibiotics, medications for pain or bruising at the areas of treatment. These feelings may persist for a month or so. Normal activities can be resumed within a week depending on the amount of fat to be removed and the recovery speed of the patients which is not same for all. The final results achieved are satisfactory and to maintain these results the patients must lead a healthy lifestyle.
Does Liposuction procedure produce permanent results?
After completing a liposuction procedure the body achieves a better shape which can be classified as a long-lasting result. But if the patient gains a moderate amount of weight after the procedure then there is a chance that the figure will revert to its pre liposuction form. Though the eliminated fat cells will not grow back, other associated fat cells may start growing.
How much weight is lost after undergoing Liposuction?
Liposuction is not a weight loss program so losing a considerate amount of weight after the procedure is not possible. However, there may be a slight difference in weight due to the fat removal.
Will the removed fat cells grow back in future?
No, the eliminated fat cells are removed permanently. But if the patient gains a significant amount of weight then new fat cells may develop and the body will return back to its old condition.
Who can be considered as a good candidate for Liposuction?
People who are in a good medical condition, who have realistic expectations from the surgery and who are near to their ideal weight are considered ideal for the procedure.