ABOUT MOMMY MAKEOVER
Mommy Makeover is not just a single procedure, rather it is a series of procedures that help in restoring the appearance of a woman’s body after pregnancy. Most of the women after pregnancy wants to get back their pre-pregnancy appearance. Diet, exercising may sometimes fail to help to reach the desired target, especially in areas like breasts, abdomen, waist, genitalia, and buttocks. So in such situations, women may choose to undergo a Mommy Makeover procedure that can help to restore the pre-pregnancy appearance. A Mommy Makeover, includes tummy tuck, breast procedures, augmentation, lift or reduction, liposuction of legs, arms or trunk and vaginal rejuvenation.
Every Mommy Makeover is as unique as the individual mother. Because each procedure is personalized and many makeovers combine various procedures for a complete transformation, each Mommy Makeover is different.
Knowing your options is the first step in determining what you want to change. You can use the links on the right of this page to explore the cosmetic surgery procedures available. The great benefit of a Mommy Makeover is that your makeover options are based on your needs. You may wish to diminish the lines and wrinkles around your eyes or rejuvenate your face with a facelift. You may be seriously considering a Breast reduction or a breast lift or Breast Augmentation after breast feeding. You may need help getting rid of excess skin and fat deposits that won’t go away with diet and exercise. Or you may decide to combine procedures like a tummy tuck with body sculpturing. Once you’ve explored the procedures and been introduced to our practice, we encourage you to make an appointment for a consultation. Though looking through our website will be very informative, talking to our surgeons will give you the opportunity to ask questions and to find out if A Mommy Makeover is the right course of action for you.
- A Mommy Makeover is beneficial in various ways-
- It helps to restore the youthful bust and a flat tummy
- Clothes do get a better fit after a Mommy Makeover procedure.
- It Helps new moms, to gain back a rejuvenating, fresh and youthful appearance
Thank you for showing interest
Whether you want to clear the small doubt or want to discuss something major, our specialist team is more than happy to evaluate your needs and identify the problem. To book the consultation, click on the button below
The first step to begin with the procedure is consulting with a board-certified surgeon, who will help and guide the patient about which procedure to undergo. Some medications are administered to the patients before undergoing the procedures. The choices include intravenous sedation and general anesthesia. The anesthesia is chosen depending on the health condition of the candidates. Following the different options that are available under Mommy Makeover:
- Tummy Tuck- A Tummy tuck is also popular as abdominoplasty. The procedure helps in removing the loose, excess skin and fat and even stretch marks in the lower abdomen below the belly button. The surgeon carefully removes most of the skin and fat in a horizontal oval or elliptical shape. The underlying abdominal muscles are tightened with sutures. Often, the belly button requires being repositioned. The incisions are made from hip to hip and then the sutures are closed. The surgeons try to place the incisions within the natural body creases so that they become less visible.
- Liposuction- A Liposuction helps to improve the body contour and get rid of the extra fat tissues present in certain body areas. Fat in areas like hips, flanks, thighs ,cannot be addressed with only diet and exercise. So liposuction can effectively remove the extra fat cells from such areas by using a cannula. During the surgery, a sterile liquid is injected into the area of treatment along with the local anesthetic. This medical solution helps in controlling the pain and bleeding during the procedure. Then the surgeons make small incisions in the area of treatment, through which the cannula is inserted. With a controlled motion of the cannula, the swollen up fat cells are loosened and is later on suctioned out from the body. After completion of the procedure, the patients are sent home with a dressing and a compression garment.
- Breast Lift- A breast lift is also known as Mastopexy, that helps to treat sagging and uneven breasts or breasts that have lost volume. The surgeons perform this procedure under local anesthesia or with intravenous sedation. The position and depth of the incisions depend on the amount of excess skin or breast tissues that have to be removed and reshaped. The areola and the nipple can be repositioned, if needed the areolar perimeter may also be decreased. At the end of the procedure, the surgeon usually tightens the remaining skin and then closes back the incisions. The sutures are layered deep within the breast tissues to provide support to the newly shaped breasts.
- Breast Reduction- During pregnancy, the breasts usually swell up to a fuller size and shape, which sometimes gives rise to some issues like back and neck pain, poor postures, rashes, breathing troubles, low-self-esteem. But breast reduction can help in solving all of these issues, by removing the fat and glandular tissues and tightening the skin to form a smaller and lightweight breasts. These sutures are made up of breast tissues, to create and support the newly shaped breasts. The incisions are closed with sutures or adhesive tapes.
- Breast Augmentation- A breast augmentation helps to restore the breast size, using silicone gel implants, that is FDA approved. The procedure is performed under general anesthesia and the surgeon makes incisions depending on the degree of augmentation required to achieve, the size of the implant and the position where the implant is to be placed. The implants are mostly placed either above the pectoral muscles or under the pectoral muscles. After the completion of the procedures, the patients are usually wrapped in a gauze bandage or with a compression bra.
- Eyelid Surgery- From the moment you went into labour, you stopped sleeping and may not have caught up since. Your eyes haven’t looked well rested in years, and you may appear years older than you feel. With one simple procedure you can look younger, more alert and well rested.
- Genital Rejuvenation- Genital rejuvenation is usually performed as a part of a “mommy makeover thane”. Having a child is a blessed event and nothing can rival the joy new parents experience. Child birth itself, however, is not only traumatic but can also damage the most delicate female parts. Many women are embarrassed to ask their gynaecologists about vaginal looseness, enlarged or irregular labia or loss of sexual satisfaction following childbirth. Many women do not even realize there are surgical techniques to solve their problems.After childbearing the vagina can be restored to pre-childbirth appearance and function; a tighter vagina in every way. The excess skin can be removed and the muscles that have been stretched can be toned and tightened. Elective genital cosmetic surgery such as Vaginal Rejuvenation, Vaginoplasty, Labiaplasty makes you feel and look your best.
- Facelift- The sleepless nights and daily stresses of running your family may have taken a toll on your appearance. Your face may be revealing the aging process sooner than you expected. A Face Lift mumbai can enhance your cheekbones, jawline and neck. No one will believe you’re the mother of four, that your children drive or that you’ve already been through menopause.
- For breast augmentation using implants, the candidate needs to be monitored and the implants need to be replaced after every 10 years.
- Pregnancy after following a Mommy Makeover would nullify the achieved results.
- After undergoing a Mommy Makeover, the candidate must be dedicated to maintaining a healthy lifestyle to maintain the achieved result.
- These cosmetic procedures do include some side effects and complications and downtime. The possible risks include bleeding, infection, poor healing, hematoma, seroma, loss of nipple sensation, inability to breastfeed, scarring, sagging skin, fat necrosis, etc.
Procedure Surgeon in Mumbai
To relish the best-desired results Dr Sameer Kakhanis is one of the best cosmetic and reconstructive surgeon in India who can safely carry out such procedures. His centre CCRS is now one of the best hospitals with all the latest technologies and efficient staffs. Dr Karkhanisand his centre aim to provide the best facilities and services to his patients.
QWho is a good candidate for Mommy Makeover procedure?
A A woman who has no future plans for pregnancy and has completed breastfeeding and most importantly is in good health can be an ideal candidate for this procedure.
Q When is the best time to have Mommy Makeover?
A When childbearing is complete and the women who have a stable weight, can undergo the procedure. However, a remarkable weight loss or weight gain may affect the results.
QWill there be scars?
A Yes, the incision line will form scars, but the surgeons mostly place the incision lines within the natural fold of the body. Moreover, the scars fade away gradually with time.
QWhat is the downtime involved?
A The downtime involved is approximately two to four weeks on an average. Though, the recovery speed may differ from person to person.
Sameer Karkhanis, MD
Board-Certified Mumbai Plastic Surgeon
Chief Plastic Surgeon & the Director at CCRS is a qualified Aesthetic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon. He is Board Certified, with the qualification of DNB Plastic Surgery (Diplomate of National Board). He is an active member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.