Vaginoplasty is a cosmetic procedure, that is designed to tighten the vagina. This procedure can be performed, through non-invasive vaginal tightening, that mainly consists of heating the tissues with radiofrequency waves or laser. Patients with remarkable laxity, usually benefit from such treatments. Now, why do women need to undergo such a cosmetic procedure?
A woman undergoes various phases in life, that begins with hormonal changes, pregnancy, childbearing, aging, etc and these changes can highly impact the quality of life including vaginal laxity, stress and urinary inconsistency, loss of vaginal lubrication, a decrease in erotic sensation and loss of muscle tone. To nullify these effects, women may wish to undergo vaginal rejuvenation, that has been developed recently. The treatment consists of, both surgical and non-surgical procedure, that uses radio-frequency or laser energy to induce collagen tightening. Some surgeons may also use fillers to inject at the clitoris and the G-spot
Women after childbirth may encounter with vaginal laxity, which results in the stretching of the tissues and loose of muscle tone. A vaginoplasty will bring these separated muscles together and extra skin from the back of the vagina. Therefore, such a cosmetic procedure can not only improve the functional activities, but it can also enhance the aesthetic appearance of the vagina.
- Non-surgical vaginal tightening with laser technology is one of the non-invasive, non-surgical treatment, that restores the vaginal tissues without using any anesthetic or numbing cream. Femi-lift is a laser treatment, that utilizes a controlled laser beam that applies concentrated thermal heating to the inner layers of the vaginal tissue. The heat induces contraction of collagen and elastin, that allows a long-term change by stimulating regeneration of some important proteins. The accuracy of this procedure is usually facilitated by a controlled movement and the intensity of the laser to ensure maximum comfort for individual candidates. A Femi-lift is a 15-minute procedure, that can be performed during lunch breaks. However, most of the patients do not feel any major pain and it does not involve any downtime after the procedure. One session will not be enough to get the results, treatments are scheduled at two to four-week intervals and two treatment sessions are usually enough for maximum patients.
- Surgical vaginal tightening includes the administration of local or general anaesthesia in the patients, before beginning with the procedure. Then the surgeon very carefully removes the excess skin and tightens the stretched muscles by dissolvable stitches. These stitches give rise to smaller diameters of the vagina and it also tightens the surrounding vaginal soft tissues. The pre-pregnancy muscle tome can sometimes be restored with this surgery. The sutures and the degree of tightness are done according to individual specifications of the candidate. The scarring is not usually visible as the sutures are made internally. The procedure takes about one to two hours, depending on the level of tightening to be achieved.
Both the surgical and non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation procedure comes with a risk, like other cosmetic procedures. Another important factor is cost. The cost associated with the procedures needs to be considered.
Procedure surgeon in Mumbai
Whether it is a surgical procedure or a non-surgical procedure, the candidate should always hunt for the best surgeon. There is good news for such people, because the internationally, board-certified cosmetic surgeon Dr. Sameer Karkhanis is now in India and CCRS is his clinic. CCRS or the Centre for Cosmetic and Reconstructive is one of the best multi-speciality hospitals in Mumbai, that solely focuses on delivering their best services to all of Dr. Sameer’s patients. His previous patients strongly recommend him, to their friends and relatives, who claim, that the results are unbelievable and amazing. They also felt comfortable in sharing their issues with him. So ladies wishing to undergo Vaginal Tightening, cherry pick his services and enjoy the best results.
Preparing for the procedure
Non-surgical procedure- For the non-surgical procedure, the candidates are made to undergo an entire vaginal examination procedure by a specialized surgeon. The prior examinations are done to confirm the result, that can be achieved. No anesthetic cream or numbing cream is required before beginning the procedure. After the consultation with your surgeon, an appointment is fixed that is convenient for both the patient and surgeon. After completion of the procedure, the patients can go back to their office or resume their normal activities.
For the surgical vaginal rejuvenation procedure, the patients consult with a board-certified surgeon, who will evaluate the general health status of the candidates, the pre-existing risk factors, discuss other options. The surgeon will like to impose restrictions on certain medications and addictions to avoid excessive bleeding or other complication during the surgical procedure. After undergoing the procedure, the candidate must spend a night in the hospital and they are discharged the next day
For the non-surgical vaginal tightening procedure, the patients require no downtime or recovery period, after undergoing the procedure. The patients can return to their normal life after undergoing the procedure and the candidates can resume their sex life after 72 hours. Normal exercises can be resumed after 24 hours.
Surgical vaginal tightening is not performed on an outpatient basis. The patients are discharged after a day or two after following the procedure and the patients can continue normal activities after that. But they are instructed to refrain from doing any heavy work or exercises for six weeks after the surgery. The patient is also instructed to refrain from penetrative sex for about six weeks, after following a vaginal tightening surgery.
- How long does the procedure take?
The surgical procedure may take around an hour and it is performed under local or general anaesthesia. But the non-surgical vaginal tightening utilizes laser technology and the procedure does not take more than 15 minutes.
- How does the candidate feel after undergoing the procedure?
After following a surgical vagina tightening, the patients feel an internal and external tightening of the vaginal surrounding areas. However, surgeons will prescribe some medications for pain relief to manage the discomfort.
- What is the downtime involved?
A week off after following the procedure, you can resume vigorous activities. Normal activities can be resumed after the discharge of the patient. It is important to follow the instructions provided by the surgeon to avoid complications.
- When can the patients resume sexual activities?
For surgical procedures, they can resume after 4-8 weeks whereas, for laser treatment, the candidates can resume after 2 days.