How to get Best Results From Liposuction Surgery?
Liposuction Surgery commonly known as ‘lipo’ is another way for removal of excess fat from your body, again it should be noted that none of these surgeries are known to cure obesity. When excess fat is stored in the tissue, i.e. accumulation of unused fats in lipids, this cosmetic surgery is performed in order to reshape the area. Liposuction is also another way of fat removal, but is commonly used on the skin that has not lost its elasticity, unlike what is commonly seen for Tummy tuck. It is less invasive, and is not painful either. Local anesthesia is enough to perform liposuction. Liposuction has a higher chance of a faster recovery, as smaller incisions are made during the surgery. It could be performed on thighs, buttocks, abdomen, chest, cheeks, arms, underarms, back, knee, and calves. Liposuction does not cure loosen or saggy skin, rather it is the surgery that removes the excess accumulated fat. The cost range might vary from Rs. 80,000 to Rs. 1,00,000, also, due to the increased in advanced technology, the time and cost range both have been effective for liposuction.
There are certain risks that are involved in any surgery whether it is plastic or cosmetic, or corrective surgery. It is best to take advice and counseling from your surgeons in order to avoid such risks. Risks factors that may be involved are temporary pain, bruises, infection, scars, and slight change in weight.
Results from Liposuction Surgery:
Make sure you have done enough research before you take a decision of undergoing a surgery. There are certain things that could be done before and after getting the liposuction surgery in order to get the best outcomes from it:
- Share your medical history with your surgeon before the surgery.
- In order to retain water and avoid swelling post-surgery, avoid salt intake at least two-weeks prior from the day of the surgery.
- Maintain a healthy diet at least two weeks prior to the day of the surgery.
- It is usual for the body to fill in the area that has undergone the surgery with fluid. However, it should be avoided in order to avoid in such change in the reshaped appearance. It is advised to wear compression garments and change the size accordingly. The duration might vary from two to six weeks.
- Drink as much as water and maintain a balanced diet after the surgery. Drinking water will avoid swellings as well as the sharp changes in body weight after surgery.
- Maintain a healthy and balanced diet. Avoid junk food and get a diet chart from your surgeon or dietitian, in order to avoid any complications.
- Get enough rest after the surgery. Discuss the amount of resting time with your surgeon.
- It is advisable to follow a healthy lifestyle not just in eating habits, but also physical activities. Try not to spend the hours of a day sitting on your sofa, surfing through the internet, go out, have a walk, do something that avoids the lipids and unused fat from accumulating back in the areas that have undergone the surgery.
- Make sure to get yourself a calmed manual massage daily post the surgery, in order to keep the reshaped area of your skin in place. Do not go too hard on it.
- Always follow the post-surgery instructions given by the doctor, if you feel to take in any medication to cure any such irritation or infection caused by the surgery, make sure to consult your surgeon before taking it, in order to avoid in reaction in your body. Same goes for any pain-killers if you wish to take, do consult your surgeon before.
- Take good care of the incisions.
The precautions and post-surgery procedures work different on each body type, thus make sure to go on regular counseling with your surgeon and inform your surgeon if any irritation, infection occurs after the surgery. Each body type is different, some might absorb the stitches, some might not, it is necessary to have a regular counseling in order to be sure of the changes. Consult your doctor in case you have any doubts or questions.