ABOUT TUMMY TUCK
Tummy Tuck is also known as Abdominoplasty, which includes the removal of excess fat and skin from the abdominal area. This procedure also helps to reinstate the loosened and separated muscles that generate a firm and smooth abdominal profile. A flat and well-toned abdomen is something people always strive for and to achieve such flat abdomen with exercise and diet, may be really tough. But it is not always possible for people to achieve the desired result with just dieting and exercises. Under such conditions, the only redeemer is undergoing a cosmetic procedure- Tummy Tuck. People with overall normal body weight who have a proportionate body may be considered ideal for the procedure. A sagging and loose abdomen may be caused due to ageing, heredity, pregnancy or significant weight fluctuations.
Tummy tuck in Mumbai is one of the most common cosmetic surgery procedures performed and is designed to surgically remove excess skin (along with stretch marks) and fat from the abdomen. Many patients will also benefit from a simultaneous tightening of the abdominal muscles. Localized fat deposits on the thigh, hips, arms can also be addressed during your abdominoplasty by liposelection.
There are many people who are self-conscious about their loose, drooping skin around their midsection or may have a weakened abdominal muscle that is a result of pregnancy or weight loss. Tummy tuck surgery will help these people to achieve a firmer, youthful and rejuvenating appearance.
A tummy tuck is a safe and proven surgical procedure that is designed to target loose and sagging skin in certain areas of the body.
To improve the appearance of stretch marks and also reduce the bulging abdomen.
To enhance your confidence and self-esteem.
Thank you for showing interest
Whether you want to clear the small doubt or want to discuss something major, our specialist team is more than happy to evaluate your needs and identify the problem. To book the consultation, click on the button below
A tummy tuck procedure begins with administering the medicines and anaesthesia to the patient before undergoing the procedure. The anaesthesia options include general anaesthesia and intravenous sedation to ensure that the candidates experience no pain or discomfort during the surgery.
While performing a full tummy tuck procedure, the surgeons make incisions horizontally on the area between the pubic hairline and belly button. The shape and length of the incisions are usually determined by the amount of excess skin to be removed. The abdominal skin is elevated to tighten the weakened abdominal muscles. Now a second incision is made around the navel and the excess skin of the upper abdomen is also removed.
The skin of the upper abdominal area is then pulled down like a window shade and then the extra skin is trimmed and the remaining skin is sutured together. A new opening for the belly button is created to bring out a natural appearance. Finally, at the end of the procedure, the incisions are sutured back and held tight with skin adhesives, tapes, clips, etc.
There are a variety of tummy tuck options available that fulfils customised specification. The options are –
- A traditional tummy tuck is a commonly performed procedure that involves a hip to hip incision around the belly button to achieve the most natural appearance.
- Mini tummy tuck– This includes making a single incision without repositioning the navel. The results are less dramatic and people with ideal body weight are fit for the procedure.
- Endoscopic tummy tuck- Patients with weakened abdominal muscles, less abdominal fat and no loose skin around the abdomen can undergo this procedure.
- Extended Tummy Tuck- This helps to remove the love handles on either side of the waist and the extra fat and skin from the stomach area.
- Circumferential tummy tuck- It is a type of body lift that removes a huge amount of excess skin from thigh, buttocks, hips and central abdominal area.
Preparing for the procedure
- After the patient has selected out a surgeon and the exact procedure to undergo, the candidate can go for a consultation with the surgeon.
- The surgeon, after explaining every detail about the procedure, analyses the health condition of the patients and asks the patient to maintain a healthy diet that can speed up the recovery.
- Patients who smoke are instructed to quit smoking for a minimum of two weeks before and after the surgery. This is because nicotine tends to increase the complication rate entirely, before undergoing the surgery.
- Some medications are restricted before the surgery as they may increase the bleeding.
A tummy tuck procedure is not a substitute for any weight loss program. There is hardly any weight fluctuation after undergoing the procedure. The tummy tuck results are overall permanent but slight weight fluctuations may alter the results. So women who are planning to undergo a substantial weight loss or intend to get pregnant are advised to postpone the scheduled tummy tuck procedure.
Moreover, a tummy tuck procedure is not responsible for removing stretch marks although the appearance of stretch marks may be improved if they are located on the areas of excess skin that are excised. Other than this, a tummy tuck also includes some minor possibilities of rising complications. The potential complications are the pain, swelling, numbness, bruising, scarring, etc.
Procedure Surgeon in Mumbai
Dr Sameer Karkhanis in his centre, CCRS performs the best tummy tuck procedures. He performs these surgeries very safely which produces the desired results. The staffs and nurses who assist him in his centre are well-trained. Moreover, CCRS is a multi-speciality hospital that has all the latest technologies.
Q What is the cost of a Tummy Tuck procedure?
A The cost of a Tummy Tuck procedure is twice as much of an abdominal liposuction. The rates vary due to several factors. So the actual rate can be explained and discussed by the surgeon during the final consultation.
Q How much pain is associated with Abdominoplasty?
A The amount of pain varies from person to person. There will obviously be some pain but the surgeon can prescribe medications for relief.
Q Is scaring related to the procedure?
A Yes, scarring will be present but the severity of the scar mostly depends on the amount of skin that is removed. Though, surgeons now place the scars in such areas that they are left hidden under the bikini line.
Q When will the results be visible?
A The results are permanent. Though, abrupt weight loss or gain may affect the results. The results will be visible as soon as the swelling will subside.
Sameer Karkhanis, MD
Board-Certified Mumbai Plastic Surgeon
Chief Plastic Surgeon & the Director at CCRS is a qualified Aesthetic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon. He is Board Certified, with the qualification of DNB Plastic Surgery (Diplomate of National Board). He is an active member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.